Thursday, January 23, 2014

Australian Open--what they said

Well, I think I feel like in slow motion today.
Agnieszka Radwanska

You know, this top 10 talk, I don't want to talk about it anymore. So many years that everybody kept telling me, You should be top 10; why you not top 10? I'm just not.
Dominika Cibulkova

Remember--no falling down, no hitting the head, no turning the ankle.
That's pretty good; I will try that.
Li Na

What lesson will you have learned in this tournament that can help you in the future?
Playing shorter matches, two set matches. That would be great. Less than one and a half hours.
Agnieszka Radwanska

You're pretty close friends with Marion Bartoli.  How much did you draw from her Wimbledon win?
She was a big inspiration. When she won the Wimbledon, we are very close friends, we are one of the best friends, so I knew she was working like so hard for it, so she was the one who deserve it so much. Yeah, when she won it I knew like everything is possible. Yeah, it was nice.
Dominika Cibulkova
 
If you win here, will you send Safarova a note or give her a part of your prize money?
I will send her a smile, you know. Is only I can do, yeah.
Li Na

This is essentially a real-life adaptation of "Lose Yourself"
Ben Rothenburg

After 5 love down you played pretty even with her for a while. Any reason you couldn't sort of quite turn it?
I mean, I think she played really well. You have to give her credit. All of her groundstrokes were like a foot from the baseline and she was very consistent. Even her serves were really solid. I felt like she didn't give me much breathing space, much room to do what I want to do on the court. I tried to put pressure, but she just played too good at moments.
Eugenie Bouchard

Everyone want to be famous. Doesn't matter which way, right? Right now in this world, so many people, they make wrong decision but they still come famous.
Li Na

No comments: