Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Australian Open--what they said

That was a stressful match--for everybody.
Chris Evert

I went for this drop shot in the second set, and it (her back) just locked up on me.
Serena Williams

As the number 1 player on the women's side, do you think you should be having at least one night spot or a late afternoon start?
You know what, I don't really care about that. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't, you know, do anything to me. Whenever I play, I play. I just show up to do my job. Night session, day session, I don't mind.
Victoria Azarenka

There will be a changing of the guard.
Chris Evert

I'm almost relieved that it's over.
Serena Williams

I couldn't reach my mom. I called. So I had to call my brother and he couldn't even talk. He was like freaking out.
Sloane Stephens

Has it mattered in the past how well you were going into the match against Serena or not?

No. Obviously not.
Victoria Azarenka

No comments: