Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wimbledon--what they said

Why didn't they drop-shot me? That would have been a good play.
Chris Evert

Sometimes you make some mistakes and your mentality is down, and that was my problem.
Petra Kvitova

I said "I don't want to do something that I'm not enjoying." Then she says, "Then don't do it. You have to be happy." She was telling me those stories, how hard she was working. (So I thought) "Well, you just have to shut up and stop complaining because you have a pretty damn good life...."
Victoria Azarenka, talking about her grandmother

That will be one of the headlines, no matter the tennis--will be the noise.
Pam Shriver, on a potential Sharapova-Azarenka final

I was setting a lot of timetables for myself in terms of, "I want to be back for this tournament," and I never really met those goals. That was really frustrating for me because I’m not very patient, and I’m very stubborn. That’s just a terrible combination when you’re going through a difficult injury.
Maria Sharapova

We always thought you're playing on two or three different surfaces when you played Wimbledon because of the weather changes.
Chris Evert

Since March I take my game and approach to the matches completely differently. I'm just trying to be happy on the court and looking forward to the challenges. I'm out there to do my best every day. I'm not afraid to lose a match or fail somewhere. I know if I do my best, I'll have no regrets.
Victoria Azarenka

My mind was trying extremely hard, but my body just couldn't do anything anymore.
Marion Bartoli

1 comment:

Sunny nine said...

I don't think anyone can doubt Bartoli's mental toughness. Sometimes the body is not there.