Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wimbledon--what they said

I don't really understand grass yet. Everyone is saying that my game is perfect for the grass, but we'll see. I don't know.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Do you feel the courts are playing fairly fast because of the weather?
The weather's certainly helping them. When I played on the championship courts a few days ago just as practice before the tournament started, they were playing pretty slow. But it was kind of cloudy, not as warm. So that's helping, for sure.
Maria Sharapova

She's not the sort of person you'd want to get into a road rage with. She would stop and get out, wouldn't she?
BBC commentator, referring to Anastasia Rodionova

On the women's side Serena had a comfortable win on Court 2, but I have to say, I was a little disgusted that she was on Court 2 today. I cannot imagine the Wimbledon  Committee putting Roger on 2 or Rafa on 2??? can you?? Serena has earned the right to not play on Court 2. She is the world number1 and defending champion here at Wimbledon  and to me it was an insult to see her out there. Okay, those are my feelings about it anyway, especially on the day the Queen came. It's just a little ridiculous that here at Wimbledon, they put two men on Centre and Court 1 and only one women's match, every day!
Rennae Stubbs

When you're at home, do you get questions about is it time for you now to be one of the top players, especially with Svetlana hasn't been playing that well this year and Dinara has been hurt and now Dementieva is hurt. Do you hear a little bit of that?
Well, no, not really, because I'm never at home...
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Your bow had a lot of rhythm to it, tremendous depth. Some critics thought it might be a tad overproduced. Can you analyze it?
My bow didn't go the way I wanted. I didn't get my wrist action that I thought I would have, and then I got nervous. So my knee kind of got tight, and I felt a lot of pain in my left knee, so I couldn't get as low as I wanted to.
So you're blaming your injuries?
I'm going to blame my injury.
Serena Williams

No comments: