Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anna and Martina meet the press

Here is an excerpt from the wonderful joint interview done by Anna Kournikova and Martina Hingis. It's the best joint interview I've seen since Chris and Martina did their hilarious--and touching--interview in Charleston in 2008.

Anna: Even to prepare for the specific tournament, the last two months, I've had to have therapy, like real therapy, every day for an hour, hour and a half. This is just for kind of the fun matches. I would have to live in the trainer's room for three hours every day. I have five different things wrong with my back from two herniated discs.
Martina: It's a good day off tomorrow.
Anna: From two herniated discs to four cracks that I have. The right side is smaller than the left side.
Martina: I don't want to hear it.
Anna: All kinds of weird stuff.

You can read the entire interview here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a great interview!

It's great having both players back. I really hope they continue together this summer.