Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tennis TV is on my nerves

Let me begin by saying I am very glad that Tennis TV exists. I now get to see matches I would not otherwise get to see, and I get to see matches when I am in places where there is no television. For example, today I had to see my doctor, and she was fitting me in where she could, so I knew there would be a long wait. I took my netbook, used earplugs in the waiting room, then moved into the exam room, where I got to see quite a bit of the Haynes-Pennetta match. When my doctor came in, she got to see some of it, too. I was able to watch a recent final while I was in the lobby of my office, waiting to have furniture delivered. In that regard, I really like Tennis TV.

But I don't like everything about it. I don't like that the technical staff was not able to fix my problem with choppy video (it was fixed, but not by Tennis TV, who should have had more suggestions for me). I don't like that the techical staff never responded to my second email requesting help. I don't like that you have to go through a veritable maze every time you try to log on. You have to log on at least twice to see anything.

And I don't like the newest Tennis TV development--the appearance of very intrusive ads that pop up, of all places, on top of the logon screen, making it even harder than usual to log on. And as soon as you get rid of one and think you can log on (for the first time), another one pops up. Such intrusion is inappropriate on a free site, much less a site that charges a fee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this one Diane. I am having similar issues. Your post hits the nail on the head.

Blender Sushi said...

How did you manage to fix the video? Sometimes the stream is ok, but like tonight, it is very choppy. I suspected my connection and checked everything, but none works.