Monday, January 26, 2009

What they said

"I see her, how she's motivated. Sometimes she makes me motivated. So I think this is great thing about her."
Svetlana Kuznetsova, referring to Olga Morozova, who is now her coach

"I remember crying after I lost to her. That was surprising to most of the people, because they thought that I'm just going to go on the court and enjoy. I was so upset to lose."
Elena Dementieva, on her first Australian Open match ever, against Martina Hingis

"When we were ten, I had to literally run around in the shower to get wet.... She was bench-pressing dump trucks already at that time."
Andy Roddick, on Serena Williams' win against him in 1993

"She thinks now she's beaten everyone you've beaten."
"Oh, yeah. She sat me down for five minutes yesterday and was going through her indirect wins. She was pretty excited. She didn't know I had two wins over Pete, so she was excited about that also."
Andy Roddick, speaking again of Serena

"...he just got jealous because my body was more fit and that my biceps are probably still bigger than his."
Serena's response to Andy

"It was tough year for me. I made a few changes. It was pretty big for me, these changes."
Svetlana Kuznetsova

"Did you retape your right ankle yourself?"
"Left."
"The trainer retaped one."
"Right. I did the left."
"Self‑service."
"I can do it all. I cook, I clean, I write, I make jokes, I tape. You know, I just pretty much do everything.
Serena Williams

No comments: