Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chakvetadze tied up and robbed in her house

Thieves broke into Anna Chakvetadze's house Tuesday and stole money and items valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars. Six robbers broke into the house at dawn, tied up the housekeeper and seized the remote control which let them into the house through the garage. Chakvetadze's father, Djambuli Chakvetadze, was beaten, and Chakvetadze herself was tied up. She remained bound for about half an hour, and is reportedly fine. Her brother was asleep during the break-in, and was not hurt. The thieves took $110,000 in cash (an odd thing to have in one's house), as well as jewelry and other goods, valued at around $200,000.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe her father/coach's name is Djambuli

Diane said...

That's what I thought, too, but he is being listed otherwise. I think the press made a mistake, however (imagine that), and his name is indeed Djambuli. I posted in a hurry and didn't bother to check out my suspicions.

I made an adjustment in the post.